Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Brief Note about #OccupyWall Street and Black Folks

Yes, some of the criticism that I am reading about white privilege and the lack of POC participation in the #Occupy Wall Street protests is quite valid.

However...

I'm with Derrick Mathis.

Blacks and Latinos should have been out in the streets protesting long ago.

Now I'm reading that Jesse Jackson and the Rainbow Coalition is working with Wells Fargo in developing some sort of financial management program for black folks.

Puh-lease.

As if I really supposed to trust a company who made "ghetto loans" to "mud people."

And did it through the black churches.

I mean, who really goes to their damn pastor when making vital financial decisions like buying a home?

Quite a few people, it seems. Of all ethnicities.

No comments:

Post a Comment